Friday, April 29, 2011

Friend Friday - Fitness

I'm so honoured that Katy chose my theme this week for questions!!

1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why?

I do try to keep a fitness routine - though I'm not always that strict about it. I try for four one-hour workouts a week. I love the feeling that comes after a good workout... and the excuse I have to eat like a pig, too!

In terms of what I do, I have been sticking mostly with video games lately. I have Dance Central, Your Shape! Fitness Evolved, and Zumba Fitness for Kinnect, all of which give you a great work out, though Your Shape is certainly the most comprehensive.  Zumba Fitness's menu system and feedback are abysmal, so I honestly wouldn't waste my money on it again.

I do have lots of other options (free weights, exercise ball, resistance tubing, pilates videos etc), but I love that the games have it all right there without having to decide what to do!

2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image?

I know that my shape doesn't change, regardless of how much or how little I work out. I've tracked my measurements for months. Maybe the consistency of my body changes, but the size doesn't. However, I swear everything fits better right after the work out. I also stand straighter, which helps too!

3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion?

Functionality. I usually exercise in my pajamas. When I used to go to the gym, I planned outfits just as I would for going anywhere else, but now that I have a gym in my house (Ok, a tv), I just wear whatever is around. 

4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness?

 I apparently should be barely eating and working out constantly, as my wedding is quickly approaching. But my dress fits, and so while I do want completely ripped arms, I haven't done much for them. General opinion of those around me is that I should be GAINING weight, but whatever. I'm happy with where I am

5.  Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal.

I would love to have my 6 pack back. Of course, it probably wasn't as good as I imagine it was. I would also love to be able to run a half marathon, but my knees and hips just don't seem to like street races.

1 comment:

  1. haha love the last photo! Congrats on your wedding :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!