Wednesday, April 13, 2011

He was a boy, she was a girl, can I make it any more obvious?

Avril Lavigne ruined this skirt.

This skirt has all the details that should make it an immediate favourite for me: plaid, cute pocket detailing, above knee length. However, I just can't make this skirt work for me! Everything just says way too much "Look at me, I'm a rebellious teen!"

I know, I know: never buy a skirt unless you can think of three outfits to wear it with, but I didn't buy this skirt. Since my mother did, I'm determined to make it work.

Can you think of any ways to make it not feel so : "schoolgirl punk?"


4 comments:

  1. I think you should do the opposite and make it punky. But that's just me. You could always wear a cream colored top and a yellow or blue shoe to make it summery/springy.

    I suggest taking a look at Sheila (Ephemera) because I know she's done some plaid skirt coordinations before. Those her's are more punky. Also Christine of Futurelint does plaid skirts in really cute ways.

    I love plaid skirts but it's hard to keep them from veering too far into "Catholic school girl" or "punk rock" looks. I really like the skirt with the blue top and boots. Blue is a great color coord for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head. Avril Lavigne may be my *least* favorite Canadian. I love the skirt; don't have the cojones to pull it off. At least you're not wearing too much eyeliner and a man's tie with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree with Megan and go punk with this, but there is a certain point where one has to give up schoolgirl skirts, sadly. On me, they just look pathetic, like I'm trying really hard to look young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are gorgeous! I love your skirt/boots combo...it just seems to "fit" you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!