Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hiding in my shell

Yesterday, I felt more like "me" in my clothes than I did in my skin. I have reached the point in my studies when it's becoming obvious that I need to either jump fully into academia or get out. It wasn't until today that my decision to leave at the end of the program - at least for now - was partially motivated by the crowd with which I've been hanging. The Masters program here is VERY close with the Honours (undergrad) program. As a result, I've been spending a lot of time around undergrads. But as the thesis process gets harder on me, I'm finding the undergrads are very... undergrad. And the few of us at this stage of our program? Well, we're hard to track down and get together. So while I looked vibrant and confident (which I generally am), I felt like I just wanted to crawl into a hole.

And oh, did I mention that was just during the day, and I still had to make it through a party that evening?

I won't lie: I put on the slinky dress. I put on the bright red lipstick. I put on the killer heels, and I went. Check back Monday to see what I wore!

3 comments:

  1. Omg I love this look. Those tights are fierce. Can't wait to see your party look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastico skirt! I often try to feel more like myself through clothes when the rest of me is just off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit. And I relate to the ambivalence you express about your career.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!