Wednesday, April 6, 2011

More Clothing Burn Out

All right, I didn't get dressed today. Ok, I did, but it's jeans and a t-shirt. But it was laundry day, and I got something in my eye and it's all bloodshot, so really, pictures were not on the list of things to do.

Instead, you get Cara - The Early Years.

I won't lie: I want every single piece of this outfit back! I am pretty sure this is a picture of me on my first day of pre-school. 

I would love to know what happened to that scarf!  I have no idea how old I am in this picture, but I remember it being in our first house, so theoretically less than 4. However, I also remember not having this hair cut until I was 5.


 Again, this is another picture where I can't place my age. There is a good chance that this is grade 6. Why my mother took this picture, I have no clue. However, I think it's hilarious: the baggy shirt tucked into the insanely high light wash jeans? Only topped by the acid wash backpack.

 This is what I wore to Grade 8 Prom. It was a shapeless sack, topped with a shapeless cardigan. Oh, and that corsage? Definitely bought it for myself. Sigh... aren't you glad I turned out as well as I did in the end?



Ok, at least this was for Halloween!

7 comments:

  1. I love seeing older photos....you are cute as a little button in the first pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Maybe this should be a FBFF project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, love the trip down memory lane. We have GOT to be the same age because I have lots of pictures that look like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww you were a tiny fashionista! Soo cute. Between you and Hillary, I'm realizing I have like no of myself pictures earlier than like 2008. Maybe a spare one from 2005 or so but wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos- the first one is adorable and gotta love the baggy shirt and acid washed jeans- I rocked that look for a few years! Your comment made me laugh out loud- sorry you had to be introduced to me with my Canada butt hanging out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the baggy t-shrit and jeans lookI pulled the look one to many times in my day. hahaha and I have to admit I like looking back as well and wondering why did my mom let me dress myself. Oh the good old days.

    Write it in Lipstick
    i'm a follower and just a warning since I see your studying English at the Graduate level, my grammar is very poor. You've been warned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really like your red-headed outfit and look, ha ha! You're so cute as a kid - I especially love your classic early 90s (?) grade 6 look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!