Monday, April 11, 2011

Mystery Woman

First of all:  Check out Melissa's blog!! I'm doing my first guest post.  And I'm so honoured to start off her Proper Professional series!

All right, back onto topic! Our wind up parties for our department usually have a theme which provides people the option of dressing up. This year, we some how ended up with "Mystery," and while not many people bought into it this year, I was still fully in the "Fake it till I make it" mood.

"Mystery" is one of those themes that's difficult to dress for, and while my initial plan was to steal a red dress off of my sister and be "Ms. Scarlett" from Clue (my sister is the queen of red dresses. Last time I checked, she had 3, one of which dated back to 1996, but since she somehow always managed to pick classic styles, none of them look dated). However, I completely forgot. I don't have any red dresses, really. I'm a little afraid of red with my rosacea.


Instead, I decided to go with the mysterious sexy girl, mostly because I threw the "costume" together at the last minute, and it seemed more fun than going full CIA agent. In the end I was HUGELY over dressed (only one other person dressed up in any obvious way.  Lots of people copped out with black, or claiming "I'm an enigma"). However, I'm pretty happy with how I pulled it all together!

8 comments:

  1. VA VA VOOOMMM!! Holy pants lady! You look mysterious and amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you look GORGEOUS! I love your hair like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, holy HOTNESS woman! I don't care what anyone else was wearing, you look incredible!!! No one else matters!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza! You look smokin' and insanely glam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, you look so amazingly late 1950s / early 1960s in a very, very good way. Tres chic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Overdressed is better than under anyway. I bet most of them WISHED they looked as interesting as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you look fabulous! Very glamourous and yes, very mysterious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!