Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Royal Wedding

My cousin was telling me this weekend that her daughter was really excited about my upcoming wedding, so one day, she showed her a picture of "the bride".  The daughter insisted it was the wrong picture... little did my cousin realize, her daughter thought the "bride" in question was none other than Wills' Kate!

In her honour, I decided I'd wear the closet thing I had to Kate's Issa dress: my blue wrap dress!  Simple accented with brown (because I don't have a large collection of dark navy blue suede platform pumps), but oh so very comfortable.

Now I have to run, apparently I have to go cheer for the, uh, Canucks??

4 comments:

  1. Go, 'Nucks! Canuck fever is crazy here right now!

    I love the blue dress - great colour on you, Cara. I'm going to watch the Royal Wedding live, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute of your little niece! I'm sure it can be confusing for little ones. I used to think I was related to Diana because my mom looked so. much. like her in my mom's wedding photos. (Turns out my family is, distantly through my mom's side! Weird.)

    I love the navy dress. Wrap dresses are great to dress up or down. The fishnets are a great touch for kicking it up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are just as beautiful. :)

    I adore this dress on you, you look fabulous!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress fits you like a dream!! Go Canucks! (I just heard on the CBC a story about Canadians in China and how they're all missing work to cheer at a Canada bar that pours free pints for every Canuck goal scored!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!