Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring has Sprung (knock on wood)

Today was gorgeous outside. For once, I didn't rue the 15 minute wait I have for my bus at the end of the day. How do I celebrate spring? By pulling out spring shoes!  My mom found these in Value Village last week when I was visiting, and she insisted I buy them. No, really, she did insist!  They are Vianni, which I've never heard of, and leather. While I had no idea how to wear them, at $12.99, really, they'd be good for an experiment.


I'm not in love with this outfit (not that I didn't like it), but first I'll start with the good. I wore pantyhose and didn't destroy them. And the shoes weren't nearly as bad as I feared they would be.

Now for the bad. I still hate pantyhose and can't wait for summer. And the shoes desperately need heel grips or else they're going in the give away pile.


Today was a rough day, between HR issues at work, a long list of errands that just kept getting longer, and a very short fuse on my poor brain today. I'm going to make myself a martini and watch What Not To Wear.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh those are the cutest pumps. I can see why your mom made you buy them. $13 for leather shoes? Win. Enjoy your night of relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have the perfect cure to a bad day... I HATE pantyhose too! I don't know.. I feel like my mother in them? Cute skirt and shoes though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those shoes at Shoe Warehouse last year (Vianni is one of the brands they regularly carry). Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, a martini would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing research for my university thesis, thanks for your great points, now I am acting on a sudden impulse.

    generic paxil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!