Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Brown is a bright neutral, right?

Look! I remembered to wear earrings!
I tried for a brighter look today, but it was still cloudy in the morning. This outfit felt plenty bright then, but now the sun is streaming in and I feel pretty dull.

And again, I've got the the waistband clipped in the back. After yesterday's skirt was too big, I figured these pants would fit perfectly, since I remember last summer thinking I needed to lose a pound or two if I wanted to be comfortable. They certainly aren't as bad as the skirt, but I'm going to have to look into tailoring if this trend keeps up, especially if I intend to work full time this fall. Constantly having to pull up my pants at work is barely manageable on a part-time schedule!

The worst part? I was in my favourite store, and they've stopped carrying my size, and there is no way the next size up will work. It's all a little confusing, especially since my scale and my measuring tape both insist I'm the exact same size... if anything, I'm a touch more insulated in the waist area.

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be for you. I'd definitely check into having them tailored. You do look adorable with that little bit of turquoise peeking out!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layered top! The earrings are a perfect match.

    I honestly hate trying to shop in "normal" stores any more. I've given up on the concept of numbered or lettered sizing and try on what looks like it fits. If it's close enough and could be an easy fix - I take it up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors here. I had a very similar top in grey I bought a few years ago... have no idea what happened to it though, hm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little blue at the bottom! It goes so beautifully with the brown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!