Monday, May 23, 2011

For the sake of disclosure

Friday's outfit didn't last much after the picture. I finally figured out the issue with the skirt: it's a size too small. I can't comfortably sit down, and I have to squish my butt around to pull it up. Maybe it wasn't the style of the skirt that put me off, it must have been the fit! Out it goes!

I did take a picture of what I ended up wearing that day, and man am I glad I did - I think I have some minor food poisoning. Definitely not in best picture taking mood!

This outfit was certainly much more comfortable. I can remember reading somewhere that colour blocking was really in this season, and someone was asking how to do it. Reading through the instructions, I was shocked that it was something I have always had down... go me!!

You haven't seen this skirt yet, but I love it. It's so comfortable. The only downfall is that it flies up any time a touch of wind comes up.

5 comments:

  1. THis vskirt is super cute - although I do hate a skirt with high 'fly up' potential!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is very cute! Pettipants are always good in those situations. I need to find a pair myself for those windy days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, super cute! Color blocking has always been something I do as well, I'm glad it's more trendy now.

    You look fabulous! I'm sorry to hear about the food poisoning. I've had that once and it was AWFUL. Hopefully you're all better now!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this your wing skirt? I love chevron stripes - so very 70s and totally retro and in now! The turquoise and purple is inspired - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! And there's always a wind in this city! Just wear either really cute or really enormous knickers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!