Monday, May 2, 2011

How was your weekend? Mine had this strange lilt to it. I had a crazy good work out on Friday, and since my massage was rescheduled, I spent the afternoon watching the royal wedding (dress #1 - underwhelming, but still lovely. Loved the nod to Grace Kelly. Dress #2 was fabulous and now I'm searching for an angora shrug for my wedding!)

Saturday, I was pretty incapacitated from the sore muscles from Friday's workout. It's amazing how much you use your lats and obliques during the day!  Plus, I was glued to the news with flood waters rising in my hometown, which was being compounded by the fact that a giant blizzard hit the prairies, stranding a friend on the highway for over 24 hours.

Sunday, I went to church, baked a couple pies and then had to take a break because my poor muscles wanted to die again.

So you'd think that I'd try to balance the busy and calm today. Nope! My back is better so I'm going to madly clean the apartment, work on my thesis, prep some food, pick up a friend for some shopping (yes, we abuse our friend for his Costco membership), then cook him supper while we watch election coverage.

So all you people out there in Canadaland - don't forget to vote! I fulfilled my democratic right and responsibility Easter weekend when I was home at the advanced polls! And if you want my advice: vote with your gut, and not with whatever "strategic voting" or "vote switching" propaganda you've seen. How often do you get an opportunity to voice your opinion on a decision of this scale?

Though one important thing that was mentioned in church yesterday does really ring all the more true, given last night's news: regardless of the outcome of the vote, we should all be thankful that we live in a country where political adversaries only attack each other with words and not with weapons.

1 comment:

  1. I really like that dress on you! Very nice cut!! Election-moschmection... I guess at least we live in a safe country even if it seems like sometimes it's going to pot...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!