Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Now this is actually my 500th post!!

I've got to thank you all for your emails and comments about the crappy Monday. Yesterday was somewhat better, with today ranking in the middle. I won't go into details, but I'm submitting my thesis to committee, which should mean I'm nearing the end, but it seems I'm jumping through more hoops, contending with more hurdles and having a harder race against time than I'd expected. While many of these are unique to my situation, I'm sure no thesis process ever goes as smoothly as one would hope.

But let's focus on the positive. I slept through the night, (though was told this morning I cried and screamed the whole time. I've decided to focus on that as an amusing anecdote, rather than acknowledge whatever must have been torturing me). We did finally hear that we got the apartment we applied for a week and a half ago, so that's pretty exciting (we'll ignore the fact we don't yet have jobs to afford it, but that will happen, hopefully). And since my thesis is in committee, I'll be able to take a long weekend to visit family, have my last dress fitting and attend my first bridal shower.

And the interest in longer skirt lengths as of late means that I no longer feel it's necessary to pair this skirt with sky high heels. While it doesn't quite hug my shape the way it was intended to (I'm apparently missing the requisite butt and hips... though I get the feeling I won't get much sympathy), it looks marvelous when I walk.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the apartment! Hope things go well with your thesis and shower. Love the midi-length skirt. It looks like it is flowy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prove it! Post a video! :) I really love the length of the skirt, it's very demure and classy. I think you look great!

    Congrats on the apartment, that's exciting! I hope you have a great time visiting family and going to your first bridal shower!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo, Cara! Happy 500th, girlfriend!

    I love how that skirt looks on you - your butt looks amazing!

    So sorry to hear you had a crap day. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for 500 posts part 2!! The drapey skirt looks luxurious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!