Thursday, June 9, 2011

On the road again....

We had a big decision to make last night: we had plenty of reason to celebrate (submitting thesis to committee, getting our apartment), but neither of us had the energy to do anything. Man, was I glad we stayed in. We did make the mistake of grabbing McDonald's (my body cannot handle fast food apparently), but it was great to get my bags packed, tidy up the living room a bit, and, my favourite part, plan out how to arrange the new place.

As you read this, so long as you're reading it on Thursday, I will be on the road. Yes, all day. I'm starting to get used to doing the 6 hour trip with minimal stoppage in the middle. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take a picture of my travel outfit (which is also doubling as a wedding shower outfit for the cousin whose social we were at the other weekend - I'll give you a hint... it's what I was planning on wearing to the social a little more covered), but in the meantime, this is what I wore on Saturday "date night". We went to Walmart, and then watched Manhattan Murder Mystery (Woody Allen, Diane Keaton, Alan Alda, Angelica Houston) on Netflix.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, you look cute in layers! :) Hope you have a safe and FUN trip!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your travels are safe and fun! I really like this outfit on you. You look pulled together and as happy as you should be with all the good news.

    (Ironically, McD's is the only fast food place that doesn't make me ill.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!