Monday, June 13, 2011

Trying to find the humour in failure

I could regale you with tales of what went wrong since my last live post Wednesday afternoon, because I definitely have multitudes of bad luck tales for you. I don't think I had luck in any single aspect of my life. However, I also learned that sometimes things work out better. Case in point? After the hairstylist for my wedding backed out less than 24 hours before I was to have my trial run, I got one that I liked more. My wedding dress was pulling up in the back, making my butt look huge and my stomach look pregnant, and while it took a last minute tailoring, it now is exactly as I envisioned it.

I should have been prepared for this kind of weekend, after all, my trip to Winnipeg was pretty silver-lined itself. The highway was closed about 1/2 way, so while I was stuck in the middle of nowhere for 1/2 hour (meaning I would be late for the rest of my plans that day), I took the opportunity to take some outfit pictures! 

I had to choose my outfit wisely for this day (Thursday if you must know). I left at 10 am, and had a shower to attend at 6:30. The time in between was spent in the car. I knew I'd have limited to no time to change. The solution? Cotton jersey. I was pretty comfortable, and with the exception of when the wind blew up and I flashed a couple of truck drivers, or when my niece pulled up my skirt, it worked exactly a I wanted to.

Yes, Saskatchewan really is that flat... 
All that other bad stuff? It's going to suck. There is no way around that. And if there is a silver lining, I can't see it. But this week, I'm going to focus on making the best of every situation, simply because I don't have the energy to be sad any more. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey. Maybe you *should* go for that run instead of going back to bed. It'll make you feel better, endorfins and all. Even if life sucks.

    The silver lining is that you look AMAZING in that dress with those colors, AND you probably made the day of those truck drivers. Doesn't that make you feel good? Heh.

    By the way, I can't wait to see your wedding dress! I'm dying!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmy! It sounds like it's been really rough on you lately. I hope you're doing alright. Feel free to drop me an email if you need to rant or anything.

    Weddings are rough, even my slapdash budget one was so nerve-wracking. The cake topper arrived barely on time, my dress was being sewn on the night before, and the place we ordered the cake from made it wrong - but when the day came, our friends and family were there, and it was perfect.

    I can't wait to see your wedding dress! And see more about your wedding. It sounds like it's going to be awesome.

    I agree with Melissa, the silver lining is that you look amazing. I badly want to make a shrug like the one you made. You look so chic. Keep powering through - It gets better. ♥

    (also re: shoulders - http://tinyurl.com/3dfzvgu)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Miss Cara. Be brave things will get better. But sometimes we have to go through the bad to be ready for the good.
    I love the prairie outfit post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!