Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday sure feels like Monday

Yesterday was one of those days where it started out so well, and I was so confident, and then by the end of the day, I was reduced to a shell of myself, wanting nothing more than to collapse into myself in a deep, dark hole.

And then I didn't sleep. Well, I did from 10:30 to 3:30, and then again from 6:55-7:10, but certainly not a restful night. (Oddly - that last 15 minutes of sleep, I dreamed about blogging challenges. Danielle from Keep Warm roped me and a few others into one that involved stay at her place so someone, who could access the apartment security cameras, could verify that what we wore was actually what we posted. It was creepy... and it will also teach me to not read blogs when I can't sleep!).

I woke to rain, which was rather unpleasant, and little motivation to get dressed, especially since Scott was sleeping in, as he had the day off. As a result, I picked this outfit out of articles of clothing randomly strewn throughout the apartment (in my defense: the shirts were just washed, and had been folded/ironed but not put away. The pants were hanging in the spare closet as I am considering donating them to a thrift store).

The hair I hate. I tried 3 or 4 different hairstyles, but my hair just wouldn't cooperate, as it was meant to be washed this morning. I threw it back into a ponytail, grabbed a handful of bobby pins and finished off the bun on the bus. I'm 90% sure this is the most unflattering height for a bun as I feel like it really emphasizes my nose. Yesterday's shit-tastic day has my self-confidence pretty low, so my usual dislike of my profile is pretty magnified right now. Hmm - maybe my nose isn't necessarily the only problem... maybe I need more chin!

So you'll know me from the side
And I did realize the other day how strange this blogging community is. I mean, we see each other on a close to daily basis, and thus feel we would immediately recognize someone should we see them on the street. However, we all have our usual poses which we feel flatters us the most, and we tend to not vary from them. In real life we're not likely to see them from that exact angle. We're more likely to see them from the back, or the side. What we really know is the two dimensional cyberpeople we choose to present to the world!

4 comments:

  1. Heh. You're right, we probably wouldn't be able to recognise people if we saw them from the side or the back. Good point.

    I'm so sorry to hear that you had an awful day! That makes me sad. You look great in blue and yellow though! I hope today was a thousand times better!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise that I'm not that creepy!!! At least I don't think that I am! I get the no sleeping thing, as I was right there with you last night. It makes even the best day bad. Things come in cycles so that means that better things are on your way.
    And it's interesting about the recognizing thing. When I first saw you I knew that you looked familiar but couldn't place where I knew you from. I guess we all try to put our best forward on our blogs but in real life we're three dimensional and that is always much more beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I would recognize you right away if I saw you. I try to be fairly natural in at least one photo per post - it's more fun if you feel like it's the "real" person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hate days like that. And now you're making me think I should take more "unflattering" natural pics of myself, ha. Perhaps I will try that this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!