Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Windy Whoas

WikiMedia Commons
Dressing more basically isn't easy: this morning, I had to resist the urge to add a layer over or under this skirt to make the outfit have a little more bang. Then I remembered the inspiration for this outfit: Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. Hepburn, of course, is an prime example of elegance, style and beauty... all of which she does using basics.

Of course, I should have maybe paid a bit more attention to the voice inside my head today saying "add a layer".  My skirt did most certainly lift when a gust of wind came along. Fortunately, the construction workers at the site I was passing all approved.



And I had been hoping to be more "Roman Holiday" today - my plan was to chop off all my hair after my wedding, but when I went to book an appointment with my hairdresser, I found out she'd quit. I think I'm hairdresser cryptonite.

4 comments:

  1. This outfit is sooo cute! I could totally see you riding a retro bike around town in that.

    Aww! Sorry to hear about the hairdresser. That seems to happen to me all the time. I usually try to find a decent 'place' rather than person. I have better luck that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hairdresser cryptonite. HAHAHA! I know that shouldn't be funny but it kind of is. A little bit.

    Hey, approval is very important. I'm glad they approved. I think you look fantastic! I really love that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is cute! All you need is a little scarf!

    14 Shades Of Grey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and classic is beautiful! It's so hard to find a hairdresser that you can trust

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!