Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Working World

We hit about 43/106 degrees (accounting for humidity) for the second day in a row. I can't remember the last time the temperature was this high for this long, and yet it still just seems like yesterday that I was complaining about windchills of -40. While I usually pair structured pieces with my cotton pieces to add a bit of business to a look, it was so hot I didn't even want to carry a jacket with me on the bus. This cardigan, fortunately, was light enough to grab with my purse and barely even notice. I didn't even really need it that much at the office - about 60% of the building had flood damage due to some burst pipe or something while I was gone. It didn't affect my floor, but it certainly made the building feel very humid.

And pretend you didn't see this necklace, k? I hope it barely shows up... you aren't supposed to know it exists until Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Stay cool! I ran away from the city with only what I could pack in 30 seconds in a heat haze. Turns out I only brought 1 dress, a cardigan and a top with me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress on you, it's such a pretty color!

    I can't believe it's so hot where you are. That's when ice cream is a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, stay cool! It's so hot in many areas, yuck! Humidity here has been pretty bad too. We gave up and went swimming today (indoors) to beat the heat. Also what necklace? ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!