Thursday, September 8, 2011

Debuting something New(er), or, How to Dress for a Job You Don't Want

I will not be teaching this fall. Sometimes, you just know something isn't going to work for you, and that really was the case for this job.

I definitely pushed my own rules. I wasn't convinced early on that this was a job for me. I'm not even sure why I applied for a teaching position, after ruling out that career 3 years ago. I was worried I was going to be sacrificing my career goals and all of my personal time to take this job. The last thing I wanted to do was to have to sacrifice who I was for the position. Rather than going with the "safe outfit" and answering the "safe answers", I took a risk.

I did tone down the outfit from the original - the pink belt apparently was a touch too much for Scott and I figured while I could justify it, it probably wasn't necessary. I drew my inspiration from Le Chateau:

This outfit didn't start the inspiration, but it's the closest one I could find to their window display of wonderful orange and wine pairings. I love orange and wine together. I did want to keep them separate for the interview, so as to not come on too strongly.



And you'll notice on my feet? I'm debuting something new(er): NWOT shoes I got at Value Village the day before.  I can rock and challenge and an interview on the same day in the same outfit!

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Go you for rocking it out, and getting the challenge in too. Those yellow pumps are perfection. Like the holy grail of yellow pumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! The yellow pumps are awesome :) My favorite of yours this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to dress for a job you don't want- now that's an interesting concept (but I've done it!) ;) Yay for yellow pumps (I wear mine non stop) and this colour combination is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow pumps rock! It's like you're walking on sunshine. :)

    I love your purple skirt. It has just the right amount of twirly-ness (that's a word, right?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combo! The yellow shoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those yellow pumps are awesome! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great outfit! I love all the different colors, very bright and fun.

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun shoes! They'd be silly not to pick you. ; ) And I totes dance in my living room to Ke$ha too. I can't help myself. It's so disgusting yet so fun. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!