Thursday, September 15, 2011

Downtown Adventure

What does one do when one knows their unemployment is nearing its end? She hops on a bus for some downtown adventuring! I find that navigating the bus system gives me a feeling like I've conquered the city.

It was a cool, rainy day, so tights boots and a leather jacket were a must. We went from +30 to barely above freezing in days, so it's hard to get accustomed to what to wear in fall without it appearing winter. Oh well! I'll have to remember it works for a winter day! Oh, and the belt is Urban Behavior New With Tags, bought for a $1.99 at Value Village.


And a huge thank you to all of those who offered congratulations by comment, email and tweet! I'm pretty excited, but I'll keep it as vague as I always have: I work at a job that has desks and computers! And people who work at them! I don't think it's certainly as necessary as my last job to keep hush-hush (last time I checked, they weren't doing security clearance on me), but hey, if some people keep their blog private from their work life, why not keep my work private from my blog life :P

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! This is such a sharp look, really great for a day of exploration.

    14 Shades Of Grey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable belt! Fabulous pop of color from it. Sounds like a fun day on the bus. I had hoped to do that in Nashville, but it will have to wait. Again congrats on your job. You should make up a Fake-Job. Pretend to be a secret agent or a spy! XD I remember you did that totally awesome spy-inspired outfit awhile back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific outfit. My guess on your new job is that you're a field-agent for a secret government agency that infiltrates The Fashion Industry to identify and eliminate those with awfully-bad taste...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a chic outfit! You look cozy and still very stylish. I especially love the pop of color from the belt.

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similar red belt. I'll have to try it over my LBD. You look very polished but not boring. I don't go into detail about my job on my blog either. I don't have a specific reason; I guess I just like to keep things separate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great belt! Love the ruffles on the collar sticking out of the dress too.

    I am scared to ride our city busses, they are a little scary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new job, one big worry gone. (I missed yesterdays post) love both outfits

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!