Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

Today we were to wear a lost or forgotten piece. Having only had the full run of my wardrobe for just over a week, I feel pretty confident I could put on almost anything and it would count. However, this poor jean skirt has certainly been more neglected than many of the other items in my closet. I'm also trying to wear items I KNOW I can't wear in a work environment and the length of this one makes it a perfect candidate for today, especially since I have a job interview at a private Christian school Wednesday night that I'm pretty sure might get a little wide eyed over the length. Or my desire to jump around like a freak in it (then again, I'm a little apprehensive about getting back into teaching... maybe I'll wear a short skirt and jump around like a freak in it so I don't have to worry about if I actually want to go back into the classroom again, they just won't let me. Kidding. Mostly).


Click here to see how I've worn this skirt - and the (longer and thus probably more useful for any future occupation) one it replaced, and the unbelievably short and thus totally inappropriate for any job one that one replaced!

6 comments:

  1. You totally made the skirt work with the leggings! The purple top is a perfect addition!

    Good luck at your job interview too :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! You look like you're having fun. I love it when people don't take their photos so seriously. You're right, the skirt is too short for work, but leggings make it acceptable for the weekend. Maybe add riding boots this fall?

    Good luck at your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee! I love your photos, so funny. I notice in the blog world denim falls by the wayside as not being as "fashionable" or "not trying". I think a denim skirt can be really cute - just how you styled it. Some leggings, a cute top and casual flats. Purple is a really great color on you.

    I don't know about teaching, I'm not sure I'd have the patience, but if you do - goodluck! It takes a special person to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun mini and fun photo. Good luck with your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute photo! Thumbs up on the leggings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!