Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'll pretend it's fall, just for you

Today's high is nearing the lower 30s (high 80s), so really, wearing a summer dress styled for fall is not going to happen. Ok, I'll pretend it's fall, just for you. And then I'll swap out the boots for sandals and the jacket for bare arms.

Have you seen this dress before? I should have saved it for tomorrow if you haven't. Is it still a remix if I've worn it before without you seeing it? I'll pretend it is.  Today is about a lot of pretending. I bought it at Old Navy for $10, a size too big. I added elastic around the armpit & shoulder area to cinch it in a bit. I'm not thrilled with the fit (being not fitted, which is, of course, how 90% of my close do fit), but it was super comfortable when I wore it to my bachelorette evening (mani-pedis and board games... a nice quiet night that ended way to early... like at 10... wtf?), and our gift opening a couple days later.

Anyway, to make this more "remix," here is summer and fall!

7 comments:

  1. Well done! I like both the gladiator sandals and the western boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fall remix! Such a pretty color to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I'm pretending it's fall on my blog too. Isn't it funny we're taking "fall" photos and the trees are still green and it's scortching hot? Cute jean jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so adorable. :) I think that's a great way to take the dress into fall, and now you have an outfit to wear once it cools off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny! Pretending it's fall :) At least you were a good sport!

    The boots are really cute with the bright pink dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great remix. I love how you played up and down the cow-girl look. I love the jean jacket paired with it. Thanks for playing along! Maybe you can pull that look back out when it is cool enough for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the colour of this dress on you and it's so cute with the jean jacket! Jealous at how warm it is there, here it was feeling like fall today so the boots weren't a stretch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!