Thursday, September 1, 2011

Let the record state

1. In order to cut down our expenses (because unemployment + tuition + check engine light = my poor bank account), I'm swearing off all non-thrift store clothing related purchases unless required by anyone willing to offer me a job. I'm actually looking forward to it!

2. On a somewhat related note, I applied for a position in a hospital that may require the wearing of scrubs. If I get it, it could make for an amusing couple of blog posts... but then I'd need to get a tad creative.

3. I'm not sad. I know I look sad, but it's really just that I'm tired. And I'm not lying to you, I promise. I'm not brimming with joy, but I'm certainly not all "whoa is me"

4. I'm not actually wearing this outfit. I know, confusing. However, I'm going to be spending the afternoon with Miss E, who, at nearly 10 months, has an interest in fashion. That is, she has an interest in eating necklaces. I don't even want to know what she'd do with a belt.


4 comments:

  1. I dig the yellow "tie-in" with the green. That is an amazing combo. And those little flats - a pair of yellow flats is ONE kind of yellow shoe I don't have. Or do I? Maybe I should check...hmmmm

    Anyway...I have been sworn off clothes shopping since FEBRUARY!! It has sucked. And in three weeks that drought will be over. Thank goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow and green! This necklace ties it all together too! That's funny about Miss E eating necklaces. Babies are fun though!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the job hunting. I know what you mean about unexpected costs. Our almost 9 month old laptop decided last night to just die. No warning, just refuses to turn back on. So that's a fun unexpected cost.

    Your outfit is cute, even though you aren't wearing it atm. I love the splashes of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Megan -- splashes of yellow are great. And I have to experiment with tying a belt like you did. That's cool.

    I hope you get some rest and re-charge your battery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!