Friday, September 9, 2011

Out of Order: Style a Summer Top For Fall

I'm not just talking about how, really, this week has been an attempt to style summer looks for fall but worn during summer heat, but the order of the actual outfits. I've adopted a "one day behind" posting approach that has worked almost seamlessly since we moved. That is, until yesterday. I posted the appropriate challenge outfit, worn the day before, and then put on interview wear, planning on wearing today's challenge yesterday afternoon. However, it was so hot when I got home that wearing a summer top styled for fall wasn't going to happen. Instead, I put on a cotton dress and lay on the couch in front of the AC... and I don't even like having the AC in, that's how hot it was. I figured I'd save the interview outfit for Monday, doing a whole segment on dressing for interviews in the heat, and thus justifying saving that post, and today, Friday, I'd wear the challenge actually set for today.

And then I got an email this morning asking me to come in for another interview. And I had to do the challenge. And the outfit I picked for the second interview met the requirements of this challenge. So you're getting Interview #2 outfit before Interview #1 outfit. And I really hope that's the most confusing part of my day, because it's hurting my brain enough as it is.


And quick! You have less than 2 hours... jacket without the belt?? Scrap the whole outfit and go with a power colour?

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely outfit!I really dig it with the jacket AND the belt-- very structured and profesh, but the lovely lilac top really adds to give it more personality and the fluttery skirt makes the look softer!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jacket with the belt and girl I think you have me confused with your story but that's ok I do know that you look great! I hope your interview went well and I love your profile info because I'm studying Social Work at the Graduate Level... for the purpose of having studied it... you know... at the graduate level ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is so cute. I love the color pallet and that skirt ohmygoodness so cute! I like the belt, but that's just me. Which did you go with?

    Also thanks again for joining the challenge. Hope it cools off for you soon. It's already heating back up here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great outfit! I love the swingy skirt and the blazer! Hope that the interview went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was behind in my blogging this weekend, so I didn't get to see this yet. I LOVE how you paired the jacket with the belt! The skirt is super cute too with it's swingy style. Good job! Good luck with the interview too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!