Monday, September 5, 2011

Remix An Old Favourite

I think I took the "Remix" and "Old" of Keely & Megan Mae's Fashion Challenge: Remix Week a little too seriously. I mean, sure, I remixed every other piece of clothing in this outfit, but there's nothing like taking a challenge to the next level by wearing a vintage belt as a a bracelet.

I'm not convinced I pulled it off - I wore this outfit to dinner with my grandparents, and my grandmother automatically assumed I'd injured myself in the move. I felt so betrayed by Scott - I had asked him if it was "bad ass, or bad idea" and he had said "bad ass". Admittedly, I would have chosen that too, had I been him, even if I thought it was a bad idea, since I'd just spent the last 20 minutes raging against my closet, unable to find something suitable to wear.

Tensor-bandage comparison or not, I like the outfit (the lighting, from taking my picture in the dark, not so much, but we'll see how well I work work the "Auto-fix" button in photoshop). Both the top and jeans are thrifted, and the bracelet/belt I stole from my mother's closet and figure it's from the 70s or maybe 80s... you know, back when "genuine leather" meant the whole thing was leather, and not just a thin surface over whatever vinyl or plastic product the manufacturer could find. Click here to see other ways I've worn this belt (as, you know, a belt).

9 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! It makes you look so tall and slender (which I'm sure you are). I LOVE the belt as a bracelet. Don't worry about what grandma thinks, leather bracelets are quite trendy right now. I keep eying them at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sassy and confident clothes.

    Plus, since Keely said it, I feel allowed to agree -- the outfit "makes you look so tall and slender." Very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely badass! You are rockin this whole outfit, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree - this outfit does make you look very confident! I went with a similar idea and wore a vintage skirt today. I love the wrist wrap. I don't think it looks like a bandage. Ah well, there are always people who don't 'get' fashion things. Those boots are amaze-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so creative to make the belt the focus of this challenge! I sometimes forget how versatile accessories can be, and how many different ways you can use something. Very wonderful! The whole outfit screaming confidence to me, but I am absolutely in love with those boots. So cute! Can't wait to see what else you muster up for the rest of the challenge!

    --Callie @ Unladylikeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely think you look like a bad ass! Very creative remixing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAD ASS TO THE MAX! Lady you look like a sexy crime fighting superstar! Like you could kick evildoers in the head and then say a sassy quip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Total badass, baby! I love this look on you, Cara!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!