Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Short Pants - EBEW

Everybody, Everywear | Colored PantsI tried on a pair of red Calvin Klein jeans at Value Village the other day that I thought would be perfect for this edition of EveryBody EveryWear. However, they were 3 inches too short, a couple sizes too big, and really, I barely wear my red shorts enough to merit red pants.

Instead, I'm suggesting the definition of pants means "article of clothing worn on lower half consisting of two pieces, forming "legs" joining together to cover all necessary private bits and extending up to the waistline, give or take a couple inches."

I wasn't sure how to style them, finding red a difficult colour for me, but alas, unless I wanted to change the definition of colour (meaning anything with a hue, rather than the implied, anything not a neutral), or really stretch the definition (I have a bright pink skirt that could use some love), I had to work with it. The solution? Stealing from the husband.



Oh dear, here he comes now... I better run!!

PS -  A huge thank you for all the feedback on yesterday's post about sharing your blog in your professional life! I loved hearing about your experiences!

11 comments:

  1. Hahaha, the last part of your post made me laugh. I hope you managed to escape your husband! LOL.

    Anyway, I think you did a great job styling these red pants, they look great with the plaid top!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute "pants". And the plaid shirt works well with them. If we look in our spouse's closet, that doubles our wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can totally pull of red! Love the tied plaid top too! Gotta love being able to pull things from the hubby's closet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely pants. :)

    Love them with the plaid (I'm wearing mine with gingham, so I'm biased). Just very cute! I discovered you through EBEW, and I'm wearing red pants too! Stop by and say hi if you have a sec.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You little rebel, getting a definitiony on us. We can't argue with your logic, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for red pants too, but I couldn't find any. I'm in blue pants today. You look great in your fake-y "pants".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! Stealing from the husband. Great option. Love your red bottom-half-covering. I love red pants. But never know what to wear them with. So far, it's been a lot of black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like an awesome cowgirl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, I love the MaGyver quality of your solution to the EBEW challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Just passing through. I love your style and your blog.
    I have a giveaway going on right now for an awesome statement necklace and just thought you might like it.

    http://thedressupdrawer.blogspot.com/2011/09/review-and-giveaway-simply-livly.html

    I'll keep checking back with your fashion updates. Love them!

    ~Jaime

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!