Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Variations on a theme

I was a little mad at myself for reverting to a uniform for that first week of work. However, it didn't occur to me that I had a casual uniform, as well!  These outfits were worn within days of each other, seeing predominantly the same people. Poor people, I'm sorry I don't put more creativity into the outfits for you! It is one of my favourite looks - a few layers, but mostly basics.

Oh, and I should mention, in order to keep track of what is "casual" and what is "work", my casual outfits will be pictures of me looking like an idiot. Err... looking like MORE of an idiot. Of course, it gets more complicated when you consider the fact that I work on my thesis in my pajamas.

Anyway, you finally get to see the often worn but never pictured tattoo shirt! I picked up this shirt for cleaning during the infestation, but it quickly became my favourite "Saturday" shirt (it was, however, a Friday when I wore it. Scandalous, I know). The colours just make me happy! I needed layers that day - we were going for a picnic (complete with Yogi Bear worthy picnic basket). A hoodie, my army jacket, jeans and sneakers rounded out this outfit for pulled together warmth, with a touch of interest.


Then two days later, I went to a fundraiser at my brother-in-law's business, and found myself wearing a sneakingly similar outfit. Yup - jeans, sneakers and my army jacket. I did, however, change it up with a striped shirt and a scarf... I know, just SO radically different, eh?


Variety is the spice of life, but sometimes you just need your comfort clothes!

8 comments:

  1. Your photos always crack me up! These outfits are very similar to what Kayla and I wear on the weekends in the fall.

    Sorry to hear your job isn't making you very happy either and you want to shop too! It's nice to know I am not the only one who shops because I am sad or mad or whatever. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the silly pictures! it's great to see you having so much fun with your blog. That army jacket looks like something I would grab every weekend. Everyone needs comfort clothes--mine are my Keds and my old bootcut jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, your photos really make me smile!! I think you look great in both your work AND casual looks :)

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, your photos really make me smile!! I think you look great in both your work AND casual looks :)

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're always so fun with your photos! I like both outfits. Sometimes life is casual. That doesn't mean jeans, a tee, and sneakers have to be boring. I love how you dressed everything up and the hoodie layer definitely adds a different twist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look much better in jeans I think, they seem to suit your body frame more than dresses. Plus i'm sure they are a little more comfortable. Funny poses by the way, good sense of humor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute photos and fun outfits! I too fall into a uniform state of mind. The last 2 days I have worn a black and cream dress with leggings and flats and a cardigan. But I just needed comfortable clothes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fun poses, Cara! That tattoo shirt is awesome!

    Also love your pink skirt today - wonderful with purple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!