Thursday, October 13, 2011

I can make it!

We had plans last night. Let me tell you, I was excited. Sure, it was with the same group that we'd been with on Monday. And Thursday. And the previous Monday. But it meant I had friends. A regular group of friends.

As exciting as it was, it was also daunting... coming up with unique outfits that often is hard! I grabbed an outfit from Pinterest for inspiration, but quickly changed my mind while showering. Afterall, it was a birthday party, why not wear something snazzy? So I snazzed up. And then quickly realized it was a boys birthday party, we were likely eating pizza and then going to watch a movie - at the cheap seats. Ruffly skirt, you shall have to wait.

So I went back to my pinterest outfit. It took some pushing and prodding to get pieces that worked together (it was laundry day, and I hang a lot of stuff to dry. Since my underwear was still a little damp when I put it on, the go-to pair of jeans certainly wouldn't be any better)

As a final twist, I decided to try something I'd learned from Sarah from Wearing It On My Seleeves. She looks gorgeous every day, and so pulled together, a feat that is difficult when wearing casual clothes. She pairs every outfit with glistening hair and bold lips. Encouraged to re-try my lipstain, as suggested by readers the other day, I gave it a try. Let me know what you think - if you can tell. My battery was dangerously low, and we were under a big dark thundercloud, so poorly lit and one take was the best I could do!

PS - The thundercloud opened up for quite the storm. I may have switched to rubber boots

8 comments:

  1. You succeeded. It's funny but with casual clothes, all it takes is a little sparkle to create a lot of interest.

    Here, the dimensions of your outfit are well-chosen: cuffing the pants was smart. Putting a cherry on top (the red on your lips) works perfectly and transforms the entire look into something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your casual outfit. The cuffed pants are adorable, and I really like your lipstain!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I love it. The lip stain looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you ended up with a pretty nice outfit if you ask me! I like the layering and the bold red lips!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love the rolled skinnies with those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats cute! love how casual and comfortable it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layers - but wow! I really like the bold lip color on you. I actually think it looks great. Also I agree with Keely, those shoes are adorable and look great with those jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fabulous lip stain, Cara! You have luscious lips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!