Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Maxi or Midi

I contemplated wearing this as a maxi skirt, rather than as a midi dress, but since it's my sister's dress, I decided I didn't want her worrying about it stretched on my hips or what have you (or whatever issue she may have with it, she wasn't around to ask). I keep thinking this dress is more zebra striped, and yet in brown and ivory, rather than black. However, I stuck with brown belt and boots anyway. This dress makes me a little rectangular (which is why I decided against wearing it to the wedding this last week), but belting it and adding a cropped sweater to emphasize a waist helps a lot. In fact, Scott didn't even notice it was the same dress. We'll take that as a sign of my waist creating skill and not his inability to recognize details.

8 comments:

  1. Great job! The belt and the sweater look adorable with the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you can imagine moving a dress down to create a skirt is impressive. I wish I could think as creatively as you do. The sweater looks perfect here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara, that is KILLER on you - you look so curvy and long and lean! I absolutely love how you styled it. I'd love to see how you do it as a maxi skirt as well.

    Oh, and you should definitely make this a permanent "borrow." Just sayin'. Killer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, I love this look with the belt and boots! Such a cute way to style it :D Midi length is not for me....it makes me look SO short. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha for my man it would be the inability to notice details but it's all good! Beautiful colours and patterns on you and I agree with Sheila- make it a permanent borrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I think the styling definitely gave you enough shape to carry off the long dress. This is probably weird, but I LOVE that belt. I want to have one like it in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love how the stripes criss-cross and the belt is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you've styled this ^_^ I can tell you're really quite good with proportins and style from your commentary lol. I agree with your observations but you've managed to resolve them really well and you look very lovely ^_^

    Eeli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!