Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stripes!

It was pretty obvious when I looked in my closet that I'd either have to go thrifting or I'd have to wear stripes. As close as I came to starting up my car and hitting up a new thrift store, I remembered we still haven't paid off our credit cards from our last trip (OK, it's not like we maxed them out or anything, but guilt works really well for me). I was pretty tired of my striped shirts, and it was just too cold to wear a striped skirt, I decided I'd wear the skirt as a shirt. I love the movement of it. The only issues is that the open lace back and it's cold in my place!

7 comments:

  1. I think you styled your stripes great. You tied the cardigan over the top to give it a more structured look. Your pumpkins are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart move. Stylish outfit. *applause*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I love mixing up a skirt and wearing it like a top. The cardigan was a good move. I want to go thrifting sooo bad... but I already have two pairs of shoes in the mail right now. >.< Maybe I can hold out until Super Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skirt as a shirt totally works! I don't think that I would know the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great how if we push ourselves we can be more creative! I love how you have worn your skirt - such inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a smart idea! This looks excellent as a top, Cara!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!