Friday, November 25, 2011

Cutest Ugly Sweater

I spent the day entertaining my niece while my sister did all those cleaning tasks that are harder to do with a toddler underfoot. I had stopped by Value Village during our Christmas shopping to (unsuccessfully) check for clothing for the (successful) interview. What I did pick up was a super cheap patterned cardi, and this chunkier knit, as my sister termed it: "cute ugly sweater".

I'll admit, I had goaded her for a couple days about my "deer sweater" that I was going to wear that I found at a thrift store that was too awesome to give up. I shouldn't have been surprised she expected to see something red and green, and qualified to win an ugly sweater contest. However, she cooed when she saw what it actually looked like, so I'll take it as a win.

And yes, it was taken at the end of the day. Chasing a one year old is hard work!

8 comments:

  1. Ahh this sweater is SO cute. It's been so long since I've been thrifting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For an "ugly" sweater, it's very cute! It's a great hang-around-the-house look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's definitely cute. You look sweet in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! That IS an adorable sweater, I love the deer. I always have trouble finding cute - interesting! - sweaters. Definite win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely not ugly! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's definitely cute in a kitschy, quirky kind of way. It's the Zooey Deschanel of sweaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - and you look fab for a day chasing a one year old.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!