Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Done with Winter

The five day outlook on my weather apps says we're due for a warm spell, which I need. Three? Four? days into winter and all ready, I'm so over it. I may also be completely over dressing job interviews. Combine the two, and you get me, grumpy, on a Monday morning.

While I was completely clueless as to what clothes to wear for a hot summer day interview, and just as confused as how to fit a blazer under a fall jacket, I know what clothes to reach for when I have to look all business in winter. The issue then becomes footwear. Whether driving or bussing downtown in Winnipeg, you can guarantee you'll need to walk a little ways. I've always stashed my shoes in a bag and worn boots for commuting, but that's not exactly possible for a job interview. What's the point in wearing nice shoes, when you are carrying your dripping boots into the interview with you? Instead, I trekked through downtown Winnipeg in my dress shoes. By the time I got home, the tops of my feet were cold and wet, and all the work I had done polishing the shoes earlier was entirely unrecognizable. I was certainly happy to switch from my business suit to the sweatsuit.

Anyway, about this outfit, I really wish all of you lived in my closet. I don't know whether this shirt is red or orange, and you really can't trust my camera to tell the truth (you know that red belt you all liked last week? It's pink, in real life). I know I wore red all weekend, and so I must be warming up to it, but when I consider this shirt as "red," I figure I should just give it away. When I think of it as "orange," it has so many possibilities. When I think of it as both, I get angry, because I like my clothes to be decided one colour, and not another.

7 comments:

  1. dude the sad part is winter is still a month away!:( I'm totally screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt looks reddish orange, especially paired with your scarf. The pin striped suit is very professional too, but I don't blame you. I would much rather be in my sweatsuit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous look. And, yes, I'd love to live in your closet, right behind the shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, don't you hate that?? When you can't figure out the color on something... They should come labeled. That would save a lot of pondering! lol

    Whatever the color is, it looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whatever the color is, you look gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well cheer up! Because you look darling. I love the neck tie thing. Such a cute touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks red, but my monitor runs pretty dark on colors. I think you should keep it. You look lovely in your suit and the scarf looks very chic, adding a touch of personality.

    It's not cold, but it's wet here. Gross, cool and wet. I wore pants today, but tomorrow I'm wearing a dress. I hate when my pants legs get wet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!