Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Matchy Matchy Matchy

Colored Tights | Everybody, Everywear
I've been struggling with a serious case of lethargy lately. I'm hoping that it's just due to lack of sleep. Life certainly doesn't seem to be helping. I think I had the most depressing cashier at the grocery store yesterday. About halfway through my groceries, he started a monologue:

"Sometimes, I think I must just be a machine. After all, machines do the same thing over and over and over again. There's no point in living if you're just a machine. No point at all. Might as well just be done with it. But you seem to see me, and are reacting to what I said, so I mustn't be a machine, so I guess life is ok after all. That's good, I don't want to be a machine today. But there's always tomorrow. Always tomorrow".

Given my near failure to deal with my own neurosis (having found myself back in bed in the middle of the afternoon having a temper tantrum with myself over going grocery shopping at all), I felt the appropriate reaction was to say as little as possible through our interaction, but maintain a horrified look on my face. Every shopping experience at that store has been odd for one reason or another (yams labeled as sweet potatoes, continuous price discrepancies, gift cards which mysteriously lose their balance), so I think that may have been the last straw. I think from now on I'll be shopping at the store a few blocks further down the street. Too bad Scott still has to work there...

9 comments:

  1. Aww ou look so cute in your matchy look. God I know those days, especially lately. Go watch this youtube video for future lame-cashiers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh warning NSFW or potentially easily offended individuals due to language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the matchy! You look gorgeous in blue.

    How bizarre about that cashier. I would definitely shop elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty color and nice look. Sorry for the lethargy. It will pass. Try to focus on something fun to get your enthusiasm for life back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ale to ślicznie wygląda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a crazy day! What does one say to that! I love this outfit because it's something that I would wear if I had access to my clothes!!! Things may not be so great today. But there's always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I've had my fair share of crazy cashiers, but that must be the first existential cashier I've heard of.

    Very cute outfit and nice new layout, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea how I'd react to such a cashier! But at least it makes for an interesting story.

    Loving the black and blue in this look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha.That cashier is somewhat a depressed philosopher. A machine, eh, but not a machine anymore. Somewhat depressing to think about.haha. btw, love your outfit.

    Cheers,
    Cathy@logo digitizing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!