Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Good Enough

I'm not feeling this outfit. My love for this skirt is beyond words, but in all honesty, I would love it more if it weren't red. I just have such difficulty styling red with something other than grey or black. I tried today with just the chambray skirt, but it just didn't work. I added some tights, and my reindeer sweater, but again, it just didn't work. I threw on the striped shirt, and went: "good enough". While the guys all commented on the skirt (I have a feeling they liked it because it reminded them of their grandmother, or because it's red - that's a theory I want to test this week), I don't like settling for "good enough". I know pattern is the best way to incorporate red and another colour, but I'm certainly lacking it! I can feel my thrifting nerve starting to twitch, but also know I have difficulty thrifting pattern!


4 comments:

  1. I think you styled the skirt fabulously. The chambray shirt layered under the sweater works very well. Have you tried wearing this skirt with navy blue? It's always a nice alternative to black or gray. If you want to get bold, how about color blocking with turqouise, purple, or orange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about not wanting to settle for just "good enough" outfits... but some pieces are just so hard to wear aren't they?! I think you did a great job pairing this red skirt with that striped top. What I do when I have an item I don't know how to wear is that I look for inspiration online. Hope you are having a nice day!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red skirt! When thrifting pattern, look for classics: plaid, paisley and prints that don't look dated. It can be done!

    Love seeing all your holiday decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with others! The only other colors I myself tend to pair red with is grey and navy. But red can go with a ton. I love your red skirt.

    Also agreeing with Sheila, patterns aren't that bad to thrift, especially if you keep to traditional patterns that never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!