Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Look Back

Did anyone else realize I missed my blog's 3rd anniversary? Considering I've missed it every year, I'm not surprised. Fortunately, I started this adventure not too far from new years, so I will present you my annual Cara's Closet in review!

January - February - March

April - May - June

July - August - September

October - November - December

Some things strike me as I look at the outfits - I like a narrower silhouette, I use a belt to create a waist, which again, I accentuate by using the same pose. Sure, there is an evolution, I suppose, moving towards more pattern. However, it's hard to say whether it's representative of the year, or just of what I've selected as best outfit of each month. What fascinates me is that, despite the similarities in all the outfits, the decidedly different tones the combination can create. I think this display reveals the more solid creation of personal style, which is slightly ironic given the fact I felt I was really floundering, especially in the last few months, of figuring out who I am and how to dress for that.

Maybe I'd been going about my identity evaluation the wrong way: rather than struggling to assert an idea through my clothes, I should have looked to my clothes to see what they were saying! Of course, I'm not entirely sure what they're saying, but evidently, I know enough about myself to create somewhat cohesive style!

4 comments:

  1. I think looking at your round up, we both discovered similar things. I think I need to do more round ups/assessments during the year and see what my style is saying rather than try to make them say something.

    I think the coolest thing is comparing February to November. I think you've stayed true to yourself and your style while still evolving and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so insightful to look back like this and see the big picture. We discover so many important insights that are invisible in day-to-day life.

    I enjoy your fashion choices and learn from your style. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding dress is absolutely stunning Cara- wowza! Congrats on your 3 year blog-aversary-now that's an accomplishment! I hope you had a great New Year's Eve and here's to a fab 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your blogoversary, Cara!

    I love the retrospective of your fashion - all great outfits. I think your style has evolved to become more daring with colour and contrast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!