Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pops of colour

Maybe I didn't so much pop as bang. I've been wanting to wear this sweater for a couple weeks, having forgotten this challenge was coming up. I tried to think of some fun colour blocking, but all I could think about was this red sweater. All right, sweater, you got to have your fun, finally! What I'm slowly learning about dressing myself as a person within a creative industry in a creative company is that the client doesn't necessarily want avant-garde fashion. They aren't looking for innovative ways to repurpose items. They pretty much like colour. All week, my clothing (which I can't say I was being all the creative about) was a non-issue in meetings. Friday, wearing this bright red sweater, every client I met with commented on it. I just might have to test drive the idea next week with another colour to see if it's just the confidence of red!

Oh ya, and those aren't the socks I wore all day. I spend a lot of time walking or waiting for buses (I live in the southeast end of the city, and work in the west end, fortunately, both the company and Scott and I are looking at moving in the next 1-2 years), so I keep a pair of wool socks in my purse for when I go outside. Function over fashion!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous red sweater! And that's the cutest Christmas bear ever : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! This is a fantastic look on you. Red is such a fabulous color to 'pop' with. (Although I agree, more of a bang!) I absolutely love the sleeves of the sweater. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Red is a fabulous color on you! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow!! That red is gorgeous on you! Okay, where did you get it??? I want one! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!