Friday, December 23, 2011

Starlight, Starbright

Colour. Pattern. Texture. Shine. If you watch What Not To Wear (which I hope to catch up on over Christmas, supposing my mother has dvr'd them for me over the last few months), you know those are the key to great outfits. It wasn't until I was on the bus that I realized I had them all. Sure, my scarf is carrying the majority of the weight of them, being both texture (fringe) and shine (metallic threading likely not visible in the pictures I haven't taken yet), but if you are going to hit all the criteria, it's best to do it on a day when you're having your work Christmas party.

I know I complain profusely about the lack of footwear in our office, but I am adjusting to it quite well. I had shoe anxiety today, when I knew our Christmas lunch was taking place in a restaurant which would, naturally, require footwear. I practically dove into my closet to select a shoe. And then practicality set in. I still would have about 10 minutes standing or walking in the cold, 45 minutes on a bus each way, and we got a beautiful light dusting of snow blanketing the icy patches on the sidewalk. I needed something warm, and I needed something flat. Sure, I could bring a change of shoes, but for 2 hours, it certainly wouldn't be worth it. Surprisingly relieved, I threw on my winter boots. The fancy heels? I'll save those for date nights!

I should also mention I'm going on Christmas vacation. I have no idea when I'll be back - the 27th at the earliest, the 4th at the latest. And by vacation, I do mean 2 hours down the road to see my parents and my inlaws. Trust me, they don't pay me enough to go any where exotic!

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful holiday however long it will be. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty outfit. Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, the outfit formula. It's really helpful if only I could remember it. Most often I forget the "texture" part, or the "shine" part.

    That scarf is really cute, and your socks are adorable. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Cara, you're so pretty! I love your smile. Hope you have a great Christmas vacation with lots of fun and family time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!