Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Time keeps on slipping into the future

I've decided that my life lately has been a symphony. The only problem is that I don't know the composer, and he likes to play with time signatures and tempo.

I have always been excellent at time management, but suddenly working full time, with a 2 hour-ish commute (round trip), has made me unable to gauge even the passage of an hour. At work, I'll be certain that I will have spent an hour working on a project that I estimated would take 40 minutes, and when I check a clock, only 20 minutes have passed. Then, a conversation which I think took maybe 15 minutes will actually have lasted an hour. While I never find myself staring at the clock willing time to move faster (except waiting for the bus), I just can't seem to regain my control of time and use it effectively. The nice thing? It's neutral challenge week, so it's that much easier (and that much less time) to come up with outfits!

I'm hoping that despite the crazy rush my life seems to be these days, taking the time to plan out the next few days will help straighten out my clock. I've bought groceries for the week, I've got the next supper ready to go into the crockpot, and my trusty note book and pen. It's time to get my life on track!

4 comments:

  1. Now I have that song in my head, lol! Time management is definitely hard. My day is pretty much managed to the minute since I am so busy too. If I have any free time, I kind of feel weird because I don't know what to with myself.

    Wearing neutrals and having a prompt to get dressed during this challenge defintely makes it a little bit easier. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like putting brown with purple, somehow I think they go well together. I like the outfit you put together here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm definitely dealing with the time management issues too. I love the brown with purple. It seems like many people did similar pairings. Also your tree/fireplace looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!