Monday, January 16, 2012

Curating my Closet 3


Why did I purchase this item?
I had been searching for a white cardigan. When this crocheted number cropped up in the thrift store, I snatched it up.

What worked with it?
I like the idea of it - crocheted, crystal buttons, and how it screams to be paired with a sweet sundress. I also like the almost peplum styling of it.

What didn't work with it?
The front was longer than the back, and the buttons pull slightly.

What will happen with it?
Current price is 5CAD for Canadian shipping, or 10CAD for US shipping. If no interest in a week, it will be donated to charity.

How have I worn it?
I haven't. That should have been the first clue it should go!

4 comments:

  1. It is a cute sweater with the crocheted look. Too bad it's longer in the back and the buttons pull. Have you tried keeping it unbuttoned and belting it? Maybe you could get it to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of summer - the crocheted look plus the white makes me think of a sundress and throwing that on top or something. But yes, when you haven't worn something ever, it's a pretty good sign that it's time to send it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the appeal of this piece, but I think it skews too young for an adult. I think most of all if you haven't worn it once, then it's not for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's super cute! I'm sure someone will want it if you don't!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!