Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No, really, do I have to go back?

First day back was rough. It was "Welcome back, Oh, right, I don't know how to do my job yet." When I finally got out of there (the "end of the day" comes a lot faster than I remember and I may have forgotten how much I can logically do in that time), it took me an extra 30 minutes to get home. Plus, the guy beside me on the first bus definitely was on a distinctively scented illicit substance, and the guy beside me on the second bus had a knife in his pocket*. Some days my life just isn't glamorous.

But I liked what I wore!

*(Dear Mom: if you are concerned about my safety, please know I decided against walking through the sketchy neighbourhood, despite the fact it would have got me home 40 minutes earlier. If that doesn't set you at ease, I will accept a brand new car with heated seats and a house with a garage in exchange for offering you some peace of mind). (Oh, and it was a utility knife and he was a construction worker or something similar)

8 comments:

  1. I'm with ya, sister. Going back to work after the holidays is an unpleasant shock. We need a day or two to re-acclimate to the normal misery.

    Sorry to hear your commute is hard.

    P.S., Love your shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your commute. That sounds a little crazy. At least you looked cute! This is a really cute dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that dress! Tweed is one of my favorites! Sorry to hear it was a tough first day back, hopefully it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dreading going back to classes like crazy. I have no idea how hard this will be or if I can handle the work. You just gotta keep chugging on.

    I like what you wore too! Very cute.

    Hope you're staying safe. I hate riding the bus alone because of creepy people. I've had waaay too many people think it's cool just to comment or talk to you. I also have a pretty bad fear of passing where I need to get off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a day! I love love love that dress! The job will get easier with time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't ready to go back either. I even took a sick day today. I really like the way you dressed your shift down. The hoodie-denim blazer combo is fabulous! Now, if they'd only let you wear shoes to work, a great pair of boots.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blog miss <3

    now following you! follow me back ?

    :0)
    http://barbie-bombshell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! However, dudes who reek of that illicit drug (I know of what you speak, I live on the West Coast, ha!) are seldom dangerous - they usually just want to get home and watch TV and eat chips. And construction guys are some of the nicest people I've met.

    You look smashing, Cara! I love the mix of the dress with the ultra-casual hoodie and jean jacket. Awesome look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!