Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Starting with babysteps

Between Christmas and New Years, I said I was going to take a healthier stab at life after my birthday. After my birthday, there was leftover cake. Then work was getting me down. But forcing myself to blog, once a week, about fitness should be the kick in the pants I need.

I'm starting off my days with basic calisthenics. While I'll be increasing the reps and the difficulty, and eventually bringing in a more varied work load, I think taking 5 minutes a morning is a great place to start.



My inspiration came from pins like these: 



But I wanted to choose my own exercises, starting really easy so I develop the habit before I start really making my body work. It doesn't seem like much, but the important thing is that it is a start!

8 comments:

  1. Good for you for posting about it, I keep meaning to do it so I hold myself accountable. I love the pinned workouts, I may have to borrow some of these myself! Let us know how its going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure, next week! Today started off a little slow, I may have wussed out and skipped the burpees. Oops?!

      Delete
  2. I force myself to get up early enough to do at least 15 minutes on my elliptical every day, but I need to try some new things - these are some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of your ability to get up and actually do something! Go you!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on sticking to your goals! I know it's very hard, but I'm sure you can do it :)

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, today was just "day one" so we'll see if I make it two days in a row!

      Delete
  4. Wooo! Go Cara! Keeping a log is always a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a public log is all the more accountable! Or shaming...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!