Monday, January 30, 2012

Time for a Picnic?


I spent the weekend being deathly sick (this is an exaggeration, but I'll admit my diminished ability to respire was scary from time to time). Posting this week will be... interesting, which is, of course, code for : "basic". So no awesome (again, code for "basic") organizational tips, just straight into curating my closet!

Why did I purchase this?
It was an impulse purchase, about $3, at Giant Tiger. It was super "cute". 

Why did it work?
It was pattern! It had ruffled! It was $3

Why didn't it work?
Its fit and style were very childish. The sleeves were also too short or tight and never lay right. 

How have I worn it?



What will happen to it?

Does anyone know a 5 year old? She might love this shirt for her dress-up box.

6 comments:

  1. LOL, I had a shirt like that too, bought for similar reasons, the ruffles were adorable, but every time I wore it I felt like I should have pigtails and be skipping down the street!

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I love it with the white blazer and with the skirt. I think you look adorable!

    But you could always send it to me for my daughter's dress up box. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I do think you got a decent PPW out of it. I'm learning to be better about those OMG it's ADORABLE purchases. Because sometimes when I get them home - they so don't work.

    Feel better, Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm not a 5 year-old, but this shirt seems right up my alley! What size is it? Maybe I could take it off your hands...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, don't you hate that?? When you buy something that looks like it will be perfect and then you just don't love it! I totally understand where you're coming from, but I still think it's pretty cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better, Cara!

    Lesson learned...but you do look lovely in a small plaid, so now you can focus in on getting a more womanly cut in a similar pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!