Thursday, April 19, 2012

Casual Days


I pinned this outfit a few weeks ago. I loved how effortless it appeared. Of course, once I threw it together, I realized how much work it takes to make something appear effortless. There was folding and pulling, and stretching... ugh, it took forever and a half. Certainly didn't think it was worth it - I only went grocery shopping.

The outfit and the event did provide the opportunity to test drive my new oxford flats. I find church is a good time to try out outfits, but grocery shopping is great for breaking in shoes - long enough to know if/where they'll pinch, but short enough to avoid drawing blood.

And while I dress up for the grocery store, I dressed down for my last unemployed day. It was a hilarious balance of shopping and playing with my niece... as in doing both at the same time. I tell you, Home Outfitters is an amusement park when seen through the eyes of a 17 month old!


5 comments:

  1. I love your red sneakers! They are too fun, especially with the red scarf! I also love the chambray shirt over the dress. A chambray shirt is totally on my wishlist right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black ddress with the chambray shirt is super cute!! I hate that more effort went into it than it was worth though. lol Isn't that the way things usually seem to go!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my dear, look adorable. One thing I noticed is that you belted outside of the chambray shirt instead of under it like the inspiration photo. Belting outside usually takes a lot more effort for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both looks a lot. Especially the red chucks. I also like the new oxfords. Hope they were comfy for you. I tend to do the stupid thing and just wear new shoes whereever. I might try the grocery store thing next time though. I dress up for the grocery. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are totally looking cool and effortless, just like you planned to be Cara!

    Love the chambray, very summer ready!


    oxo

    ML
    Twenty York Street
    www.twentyyork.com
    Follow me in Twitter: @20YS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!