Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The ripple effect

I haven't been planning outfits out ahead of time like usual. Instead, I quickly throw stuff together in the morning. The speed usually means rushing around in the morning, feeling harried as I fly out the door, and not taking the time to see what exactly I look like.

Wednesday morning was no exception. I was zipping up my boots, ready to run out the door when Scott quickly called from down the hall: "You look all cute and sassy in that"

Sure I still had to run down the hallway, across the lawn, through the parking lot, down the street and around the corner. I still didn't get a chance to see exactly what I looked like. But for the rest of the day, I knew I looked polished.

Was I any more pulled together than any other day? Not necessarily; it's hard to say without having seen myself. But just knowing someone else thought I looked good made me feel that good. From my interactions with colleagues and students, to my attention to work, I felt more confident. Was it the colours? The fit? It wasn't about the clothes; it was about knowing someone thought I was beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. I always feel more confident and beautiful when my husband tells me I look good in the morning! It makes me happy when he thinks I look good!

    You do look very cute and put together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, "cute and sassy." That's accurate.

    It's nice to get compliments from others, to reassure us about our choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I definitely feel a kick in my step when someone says something about what I'm wearing. Confidence goes a long way. I think you looked really cute. I'm missing tall boots so much I might wear them with shorts this week and boo the nay-sayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!