Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's a good busy

Busy summers tend to mean awesome summers, so I'm ok with not having the time to blog like I used to. Here's what's kept us going lately

 - Managing to keep within $0.50 of my thrifting budget for the first time... ever?

 - Acting as Assistant Wine Czar with my mother-in-law at a family wedding, stealing bottles from other tables, drinking too much wine, and *maybe* being a bit too emphatic with my brother-in-law about my approval of his girlfriend.

 - Wearing my new summer fedora at every chance I get. It's so rare to find a hat that fits... we'll ignore the fact it was from the baby section at Old Navy

 - Fringing it up at the Winnipeg Fringe Festival. Next year, we may not choose the performance based strictly on location, but at least performance poetry is a bit more polished than straight stand-up comedy!

 - Visiting with two cousins from south of the Mason-Dixon line for the first time in 5 years... and considering we experienced the older cousin's first legal drink, what a difference 5 years makes!

- Buying my first domain and hosting package. New blog, here I come! (when Scott finally has time to create it)

 - Setting up my Olympic home base on an air mattress in front of the TV (and the air conditioner!!) and watching the opening ceremonies with a bottle of wine. Best.Friday.Night.Ever.

 - Finally finding a weekend without any major plans, letting me kick back on the balcony, make a list of what I SHOULD be doing, and updating the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the Olympics Ceremony. I thought it was amazing.
    Look forward to seeing the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great summer also. It's been so nice not having to be at a computer and being a little disconnected from technology. Love your Friday night idea watching the Olympics opening ceremony. I did the same thing, but on the couch :) Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!