Busy summers tend to mean awesome summers, so I'm ok with not having the time to blog like I used to. Here's what's kept us going lately
- Managing to keep within $0.50 of my thrifting budget for the first time... ever?
- Acting as Assistant Wine Czar with my mother-in-law at a family wedding, stealing bottles from other tables, drinking too much wine, and *maybe* being a bit too emphatic with my brother-in-law about my approval of his girlfriend.
- Wearing my new summer fedora at every chance I get. It's so rare to find a hat that fits... we'll ignore the fact it was from the baby section at Old Navy
- Fringing it up at the Winnipeg Fringe Festival. Next year, we may not choose the performance based strictly on location, but at least performance poetry is a bit more polished than straight stand-up comedy!
- Visiting with two cousins from south of the Mason-Dixon line for the first time in 5 years... and considering we experienced the older cousin's first legal drink, what a difference 5 years makes!
- Buying my first domain and hosting package. New blog, here I come! (when Scott finally has time to create it)
- Setting up my Olympic home base on an air mattress in front of the TV (and the air conditioner!!) and watching the opening ceremonies with a bottle of wine. Best.Friday.Night.Ever.
- Finally finding a weekend without any major plans, letting me kick back on the balcony, make a list of what I SHOULD be doing, and updating the blog.