Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A cut above the shoulder

As I mentioned on Monday, I was id'd, and it made me re-thinking my image. So while I'm still not entirely sure how the "white-trash-sports-car" (whose subwoofer definitely kicks out the bass despite my attempts to NOT rattle the windows in the neighbourhood) fits into my image, I do know I don't like having long hair.

That's not entirely true - I love the option of pony tails and updos to avoid the daily mess of washing hair, drying hair, straightening hair, styling hair. However, I don't think long hair works on me. My neck is too long, my jaw too undefined.

So I took the plunge. I instantly trusted my latest hair dresser (after months of disappointments, followed by pleading my mother to cut my hair in the middle of her kitchen the day of a wedding), and chopped off about 6 inches of hair.





It was almost immediately that I felt that not only did the hair suit me, it also suited my age, my job, and my life.


That is, until I tried to hit the gym on my lunch hour, and couldn't resort to the post-shower sock bun.  And this last weekend? Both Scott and I were id'd buying a bottle of scotch. Because that is what under aged kids drink, right?

But despite the inconvenience and the ineffectualness of the haircut, it's still me, and that's what matters!

7 comments:

  1. ummmm this looks amazing. I might need to copy you. hawwwt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new cut Cara! It looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous cut, Cara - it really suits your face and neck. Hang onto that hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your haircut looks amazing! I had a short layered bob for years and I loved it. I'm growing out my hair now, and I sometimes miss my short hair. It seemed to move and bounce more. But I do like the option of ponytails and braids. I think I'll get my hair cut again after it grows out another inch or so.

    What styles have you tried with your short hair? Changing the part? Headbands/barrettes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now see, when someone asks for my ID, I'm flattered. I usually chalk it up to my height since I'm shorter than most 12-year-olds, but whatever. I do love the short cut on you, I think you look sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new hair is amazing! It really suits you. It takes a while, I think, to find out what really works for us. Maybe try out twisting the top hair of your hair back or half-ponytails. Short hair does have options - even if its not as many as longer hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE it Cara- look at us both with our new hair dos! It's so classic and I love short hair, almost went short myself but I like the sweaty gym option of ponytail (or sock bun!) White trash sports car- haha I love it! It's ok I drive a 50 year old wealthy man car so don't know which is better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!