Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nanowrimo

After years of excuses (some legitimate, some not), I have finally cleared my calendar for the month of November, aiming to participate in the National Novel Writing Month. Over the course of 30 days, I plan to write 50,000 words. According to the website, that's about 175 pages.

And the best part? Realizing those germs of novels that were planted over the last few years may not have grown very big, but the small vines they sprouted have entwined around each other and what were once simple and undeveloped tales may now work together into a richer fiction.

Are you writing along too?

5 comments:

  1. COOL! Go for it! It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know people who do this every year! I just don't have the time, but it sounds really cool. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you lots and lots of luck. Every November I'm so bogged down with getting ready for holidays, eyes crossing from school work, plus trying to keep up with my ever growing blog roll.

    I still have a "book" on the back burner with characters who sometimes won't shut up until I write, but it's one of the slowest written pieces ever. I wish I had more of a brain for writing, but I love reading a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome Cara! I'm too busy working on my thesis to participate, but once I've finished the Master's degree I definitely will be working on a more personal writing project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Can you tell us more about the type of book you're writing?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!