Thursday, November 15, 2012

What an odd day

Have you ever woken up at 1:00 in the morning to hear your husband taking to someone in your home? It is a little more reassuring when you recognize the voice as your brother-in-law that you expected to be crashing for the night, but still kind of disturbing when you hear another voice you don't recognize.

But that's ok, you knew he might bring always-present friend along.

But discovering a third person sleeping on your couch when you get up to go to work the next morning?

Only thing that can make that worse is when your husband shrugs: "I don't know" when you ask who that is.

Or maybe when you come home to discover your brother-in-law failed to lock the door on his way out.

Sigh... I know once upon a time I was the youngest sibling crashing at my older sibling's house, and her spouse probably had a thing or two to say about me when I left, so I will say only one more thing.

He better get me a damn good Christmas present.  


And ShyBiker? This pics for you! I know you love my shoeless posts!

And hopefully dedicating this pic to you will distract the rest of the ootd bloggers out there from learning the dark and dirty truth. Despite having loathed working in a shoe-less job, (though that wasn't just because of the lack of shoes, but it did get me off on the wrong foot -ha ha), I haven't been using my shoe wardrobe to its full extent lately. My dirty little secret? Since the snow hit, I've been wearing winter boots to work... and changing into my "meh, in case of emergency" black maryjanes at work. That's right. Same pair of shoes. Four days in a row. The shame.

6 comments:

  1. If we end up moving to Winterpeg at the end of this summer, I am definitely going to buy me some winter boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I probably would have flipped my shit... however I only have a half sib that I didn't grow up with - so I have selfish only child syndrome.

    I don't blame you for the snow boots. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha always kind of startling to find a strafed sleeping on your couch! For me that hasn't happened since my roommate days. Lol.

    In Canada winter boots are a necessary evil. But there are some really cute ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! im fran, a spanish male fashion blogger. Maybe you like my style and want to follow me
    forever...fran

    http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/blue-blazer-and-brown-details.html

    also my twitter: @showroomdegarde

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha sounds like something my little sister would do- ah the joys of house guests! Love the purple top and skinny yellow belt and girl work out your shoe wardrobe, they miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to be a shoe person, I really do. But with my dog hauling me through the wet grass and mud several times a day, I mostly stick to my waterproof Keds. If my husband and I get our acts together and reinstate date night, then I'll have a good excuse to wear nice shoes again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!