Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Early Christmas break

There's been a bit of radio silence here in my "closet." Scott asked me the other day why I make Christmas such a to-do, and while it's because I really LOVE Christmas, I also recognize that between my crazy festive plans and schedules and the general stress of our latest purchase (we just bought our first car... An important step in cutting the apron strings from our parents that is long overdue but an important step to take nonetheless.) I've probably contributed to the fact Scott just doesn't get all crazy over Christmas like I do. Rather than waiting for Scott to sit me down and teach me the word "no" like he has to every year, I'm scaling back on my obligations. While I hope to have time to read (but maybe not comment) and perhaps stop in once or twice (and show you the new car -- once I stop stressing over it long enough to sleep through the night), if I don't get a chance, have the merriest of Christmas and happier of new year.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for a new car! I totally get it as to what a big deal that is! If we don't see you here again before - Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take time to relax and enjoy your new car, Christmas and the New Year! Sometimes we all just need to step back and breathe :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a very merry Christmas and get to enjoy it to the fullest. Congrats on the new car!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new car! That's a big step. And your tree looks lovely. What's your favorite Christmas song?

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty Christmas tree! Congrats on your car!
    I'm new here so I'm complementing your blog - it's so cute

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I'm hosting a glasses giveaway on my blog here check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!