But we don't always need the major intake of saturated fat without the pay off of loads of healthy nutrients.
Enter the Mac'N'Cheese* I mentioned in my post the other day. Mac and cheese in a squash based sauce. I've pinned the recipe here, if you want to try it yourself. But if you want the benefit of my experience, keep reading!
- Remember the broth. I forgot, and the flavour was good, but flat.
- if you can, use a good sharp cheddar. We pretend to enjoy our bargain brand marble plastic, but it definitely shows it's weakness in these kinds of recipes.
- that 9x9 dish? It better be a crazy tall dish! I used what I think is a 9x13 dish
- roast the squash if you hate peeling squash as much as me. Just make sure that you cool it down before scraping out to avoid finger burns.
- Don't skimp on the spices
- Don't taste enough squash on day 1? Just wait for the leftovers!