My brother-in-law once said that the way to decide whether you're still hungry enough for a second helping of something, or whether you're just mouth-hungry (wanting more of the taste) was to think if you're hungry enough to eat a whole apple. If you are, then you can have seconds.
Or, if you're me, you'll just eat the apple.
February was apple month... I'm not sure if that is a real thing or a brilliant marketing ploy by Safeway. In either event, I've been eating apples. Like crazy.
I'm eating, on average, 1.3 apples per day (this is a completely random amount, but could be accidentally correct).
How I love my apples
1. Sliced and dipped in peanut butter
2. Mixed with oatmeal in a crisp OR porridge
3. Chomped on by themselves.
Why I love my apples
1. No packaging necessary... eat and go!
2. So many varieties for every craving you have (except salty, but they're something like 85% water, so they help with the dehydration that leads to salt cravings)
3. Perfect pre-gym snack... fills you up without bogging you down.
Currently, I'm loving sweeter varieties, like Ambrosia or Honey Crisp (which are always eaten best straight off my brother-in-law's tree... he comes by his apple philosophies honestly).
What kind of apple are you loving these days?