Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dear 2013: I'm tired

I've been stuck in bed for 3 days straight (it really should have been 4), forced to cancel our big New Years / House Warming / 30th birthday party for tonight.  My brain doesn't quite have the capacity to do a proper round up of the year, as it feels just as thick and milky yellow as my snot (I know, total over share), but I know my impulse of "2013: good riddance" isn't right.

But I'll persevere!

My resolution for the year was to stay on top of things. It was insanely general, but easy to fulfill and keep on track.

The first half of the year was heavily focused on healthy and fitness, as well as learning that "good enough" is better than striving for perfection and seeing it as a failure regardless of how well it goes.

The second half of the year was thanking our lucky stars for the fact that we'd been keeping on track with our finances and very glad that we'd already developed some good habits on keeping on top of our lives so we weren't scrambling nearly as much when we suddenly found ourselves dabbling in real estate.

This I ran my first 5K race, I was quoted in local media, I met Margaret Atwood, and I bought a house. That's not the kind of year to say "good riddance" to.

All in all, for a year where my goal was pretty much to just "keep my head above water" I think I did fairly well!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your yearly review is positive. You did accomplish a lot. Plus you kept blogging! Not insignificant when so many people drop their blogs.

    Hope you get your health and energy back. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great reflection on a very good year for you, Cara! I have enjoyed reading along and look forward to another year of being your blog-friend - I can't believe it's been so long. :) Hope you feel better soon, and all the best to you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!